Monday, August 8, 2011

Show Me Your Mumu

I just found out about this website/ clothes line from my friend Mel and am loving the carefree yet super hip duds! "Show me your mumu" is the name of the line and the girls that started the company are young, energetic, and as you can tell from their writing style, totally rad! I love when people take their passions and perspective to do something about what they love and create their own career path. Its so inspiring and although difficult at times, so worth it! They also do all of their own modeling, so not only are they entrepreneurial, but they are stylish and gorgeous too. Come on now...Check out some of my fav styles, I guarantee you will fall in love with some of these keepers!


Ok, she is gorgeous first of all. Secondly, love the bell sleeves on this pale pink tunic. So freaking obsessed! I have a top in black almost identical to this, and I have loved and worn it for at least 3 years now. Its not a trend thing, its a style thing, and I love this style!

Im always looking for that perfect white top. I love how this one is simple yet has the appearance of stripes with the semi sheer paneling to make it sexy and hip at the same time.

Can I just tell you how much I love this top? I know the aztec look is everywhere right now, but the colors and fit of this slouchy button up make this one special for me. Its one of those tops you get excited to wear, and can count on getting compliments for. Its definitely an eye catcher.



I love the colors in this shirt dress. The tie dye is not overdone to make this look too "hippie", but is still pretty and intricate. I love how these colors not only compliment her complexion, but are great for many skin tones.

Here are a few accessories I would throw on with any of these pieces...I love you Planet Blue
Im in love with all of these bags...Anyone would do






Accessorizing is the key to fashion in my opinion. You don't have to spend a lot of money to be fashionable, but if you can accessorize, then sister you got it going on!


Stack your rings, wear more than your comfortable with, or choose a few dainty ones to be lady like and delicate one day...Whichever way you choose, you can't go wrong! I am a chameleon with my styling and accessorizing depending on my mood.


I AM IN LOVE...how good would this (and all the others for that matter) look with dark polish? (Wicked or Lincoln Park after dark by Esse are great!)








I love turquoise like most, but most of these rings caught my attention because they weren't typical. I love the attention paid to these gems.

Im a little particular when it comes to necklaces. I don't like wearing the super trendy kind that are made of cheap materials that will rust, tarnish, or just look kinda beat after a few times worn. I prefer the more delicate and higher quality chains with interesting pendants or simple stones that I know I'll love forever (at least thats how I justify it in my head). I do however love the body con one and this one for layering. Both fun and interesting enough, yet still not totally in your face...BUT if thats your style, go for it.
Oh yah, and just in case you were so excited to see these amazing bobbles, these accessories are from one of my all time fav stores, Planet Blue. They have a ton of options, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment