Saturday, January 28, 2012

Speedo Collection 2012

Hey all! Here are some behind the scenes pics of my shoot for the new Speedo 2012 Collection. The shoot was awesome, and was totally different than what I expected. I thought we would be modeling suits and doing more the catalogue thing, but we did more of a campaign..which is way more fun to shoot! The shoot was for designs that represent the personal style of the three most well know US Olympic Swimmers: Michael Phelps, Natalie Coughlin, and Ryan Lochte. It was highly impressive walking on set at Smashbox Studios in West Hollywood to this enormous set being built in front of our eyes. Carlos Serrao was the photographer and he was awesome. I was so impressed with him. He is the master of lighting and I am so excited for the official pictures to come out! Having been a swimmer and water polo player for most of my life, I was really excited to shoot for Speedo. Check out some of the pics from set!

I had to be on set at 9 am, but coming from Palos Verdes, I always leave 3 hours early if I think there might be traffic. I will not be late! I love cold mornings with my coffee, commuting to work to be on set...I just love being on set!


Building the set right in front of us...set up took about 3 hours. The yellow and gray walls when focused in on with the right lighting made for some awesome pics.


Breakfast on set:
This caterer is the best! He covers all the bases

Model Lounge

Rika and I
I met Rika and shortly realized she and I grew up within miles of each other and both commuted from Palos Verdes that morning


Birds eye view from our lounge of the set 




 Waiting to shoot...Like Speedos new version of Ugg style boots? They are less hot and heavy than normal Uggs, but keep feet all warmed up before competition. Interesting boots...


Shooting...Carlos is in the gray beanie. Very quick shooter! Love that

He wanted to model with us

Our cool stylist with her funky style. Love her look. Black base with olive thrown in to the mix. Simple and easy, yet still funky with individuality. Fashion should be effortless!



 Shooting singles

You know I love my roasted vegetables! We were spoiled with salmon, chicken, farro, and great salads!
I was in heaven, although some of the guys like less chic chic food and more, well, man food.
Give me farro and root vegetables and I'll love you forever! It doesn't take much.



  Boys get makeup too (:
The line up of models to the right...

No comments:

Post a Comment