Saturday, August 6, 2011

These Boots are made for Rompin'

So, I have been sucked into the addictive world of Ebay and cannot seem to stop searching for great deals. I am such a sucker for a bargain, and feel like if I go to bed, those Chloe sunglasses that are a once in a life time opportunity might be taken right from under me! Its bad, but the steals and deals are goooood. I just got these Madewell boots that I just adore. They are perfect matched with a dress, cut offs, tight skirt, or skinnies. I really feel like I found the perfect pair of low lace ups, especially since they are the perfect camel color I have been hoping to find. Gotta love Madewell...aren't they cute?


They are so soft and sturdy. I am a sucker for well crafter leather and these shoes, along with many J.Crew's leather shoes (Madewell and J.Crew are sister companies), are amazing quality for much less than many designer shoes in the same style. I also love the versatility of how you can fold and unfold the top portion.


Oh you know, Just playing in this parking lot...don't mind me


















Maybe not the most flattering pic but
you can see how they look straight on. 
The only trouble with flats that cover 
your whole foot is that you run the risk 
of looking less long and more, well, short. 
I dont care enough to not wear these babies, 
but if that matters to you, only buy what you
 know you will wear and feel great in!





This was at coffee before shopping. I just loved my sister in law, Kelli's, sleek black H&M dress with the dainty leather sandals and bight pops of turquoise. I also love this outfit more because she has that amazing copper hair to go with! My brother is a lucky man...




 I got to hang with Kelli and my mom all day.( Maybe for some that doesn't sound fun, but my mom and sis are spicy vixens!) In addition to sporting my new rompin' boots, we went "mother of the bride" shopping for my mom (we found her dress!), to Peets (of course, twice a day everyday, %100), and to lunch at my fav place in Manhattan Beach, Le Pain Quotidien. Can I tell you how good their chamomile mint iced tea is? So good! I get extra mint and smash it all together(: I got the chilled Gaspacho soup,  which is insanely refreshing and bursting with flavor...theres just no other way to describe it!
 How fun is this? The atmosphere is perfect, as its just a block up from the beach next door to The Shade Hotel. It has that french cafe feel where you can linger for hours. I love this place! There are locations all over LA, so look it up and go!                                        



Smoked Salmon and Roasted Beet Salad
Ive warned you about the beets before, but I just need to say I do not generally like smoked salmon, but this salad converted me. The beets with their earthy and sweet taste paired with the smokiness of the salmon make for a winning combination!


Once again, never been a fan of Gaspacho. But this sucker is goooood. The tart flavor with chopped mango and cucumber are so refreshing. I could eat this everyday.








 This pic is kinda weird with the shadows and glare in my face, but I have to show you how much mint is in my iced tea. Go big or go home!
















I just love these wooden tables with the huge salt and pepper grinders. We use carafes for water and tea too, for family dinners and other stuff. I think we may have subconsciously borrowed the idea from Le pain.

After our delicious lunch, we went to visit my twin sis at work. She works at Lulu, that high end designer lounge wear and lingerie boutique I have mentioned before. She was so cute helping us pick out fun stuff.
 She has all her favorites and is showing us all the amazing loungewear and other unmentionables I can't mention, remember? We got some great stuff for my sisters second bridal shower coming up.


She sells sling shots and she is showing us how far we can launch a rock from the great elasticity in this one here. She is a great sales woman. We bought that sling shot. Isn't she cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment