Tuesday, July 10, 2012

London 2012

Its been too long and what better excuse to blog than to update you all with some ridiculously exciting news?

Chay Lapin. Isnt he cute?!                                                                                                                     


As many of you know I am pretty fond of my water polo stud, Chay Lapin, aka "the dream", Chayster, Chay Bob...you get the idea. He has been training for the last year and a half full time with the Mens National team and after many tournaments, cuts, and evaluations, Chay has been named amongst the 13 MEN (when talking about Water Polo Players it is appropriate to capitalize all letters in the word "Men"...they are supernatural specimens and have gained the upgrade, look it up) who will be competing in the 2012 Olympic Games in London! Chay is going to be a first time Olympian along with John Mann, who is extremely manly, and Shea Buckner, who I sometimes confuse for my boyfriend.



I am so excited and have already purchased my tickets to spend two and a half weeks in the middle of the chaos. Of course I am going to take full advantage of being in one of the most posh cities in the world. I will be reporting on the food, the fashion, the games, and all of the behind the scenes events that I know you would love to read about! The shopping will be deadly and since its something like 1 million times more expensive over yonder, Im going to have to pace myself. I cannot wait to pack my chic London apparel from skinnies, blazers, adorable flats and "strappy" leather sandals to bohemian dresses, cut offs, and chambray everything! After all I am a California girl at heart and am proud of it!
The food situation will also be deadly..fish and chips during bikini season...I think not! However, my good pal Gwyneth has given me some superb suggestions via her blog "Goop" that I am dying to try. To save up for those dinners, I will probably be living off of iced coffee and Lara bars, but since I thoroughly enjoy bars (they taste like dessert to me. I know Im a freak, or in denial, or both) this will be an easy task.

There are so many details of the trip that I am looking forward to. As a guest of an athlete, there are special accommodations, events, and tours to make the experience more special for all of us going to cheer on our MEN. Most of all however, I am eager to see the games, as the team has a great chance at winning the Gold! Most people do not fully understand the game, but you all should start brushing up on your understanding of the game because I have a feeling after this Olympic Games the sport is going to pick up here in the US. Lets face it when you have hard working, gorgeous, statuesque, intelligent (most the players come from either Stanford, Cal, USC, Pepperdine, and UCLA), and personable professional athletes on your hands, you have marketing Gold and someone HAS GOT to capitalize on it.
 (I'll do it myself if no one steps up, but if you have connections and or suggestions on how to get these athletes supported on a larger scale through sponsorships, endorsements, and marketing campaigns, message me and we will talk.)

I'll be updating you on the trip before I leave, while I am there, and after to stay tuned!


Be sure to check back in for posts on special events, fashion and food news, and updates on my time in London to support the team and be a correspondent for the games.

Congrats to the Men of the 2012 U.S.A. Mens Olympic Water Polo Team


2012 U.S. Olympic Men's Water Polo Team (Hometown/College/Club)
Tony Azevedo  - Attacker (Long Beach, CA/Stanford ‘03/NYAC)
Ryan Bailey - Center (Long Beach, CA/UC-Irvine ‘98/Newport WPF)
Layne Beaubien - Defender (Coronado, CA/Stanford ‘99/NYAC)
Shea Buckner - Attacker (Villa Park, CA/USC ‘10/NYAC)
Peter Hudnut  - Defender (Encino, CA/Stanford ‘03/NYAC)
Tim Hutten - Defender (Seal Beach, CA/UC-Irvine ‘08/Newport WPF)
Chay Lapin - Goalkeeper (Long Beach, CA/UCLA '09/Shore Aquatics)
John Mann - Center (Newport Beach, CA/California ‘07/NYAC)
Merrill Moses - Goalkeeper (Palos Verdes, CA/Pepperdine ‘00/NYAC)
Jeff Powers  - Defender (San Luis Obispo, CA UC-Irvine ‘03/Newport WPF)
Jesse Smith  - Utility (Coronado, CA/Pepperdine ‘05/NYAC)
Peter Varellas - Attacker (Moraga, CA/Stanford ‘06/Olympic Club)
Adam Wright - Attacker (Seal Beach, CA.UCLA'01/NYAC)

No comments:

Post a Comment