Friday, January 20, 2012

Prevention Magazine Shoot

Hello there and happy Friday! I just recently did a shoot for Prevention Magazine, a lifestyle magazine targeted towards women that provides them with information on how to live a more lively, active, and healthy life. It was a blast to shoot, namely because I got to be on set with my favorite sports stylist Cindy Whitehead in a home atop the windy roads in Beverly Hills. I am doing an editorial spread with a few pages on "being fit from head to toe" or something along those lines...HA! Not so, not so but happy to pretend! Either way, good for tears for the old book.

The view was gorgeous, the catering was healthy and delicious, and the vibe was positive and friendly...can't complain! I did however have to hold some really challenging positions and do a ton of squats and weight bearing exercises for an extended period of time to get the shot, but a hard workout never hurt anyone...well thats not true but you know what I'm saying...

The cool thing about doing these type of shoots is that you work with a lot of the same people over and over again. Whether it be a stylist, manicurist, makeup artist, photographer, or caterer, you will most likely cross paths again. Thats not good  news for some of the less friendly models out there but for the most part, it makes for a friendly and comfortable environment. I had 3 people on set that I knew from other shoots and was thrilled to see them.  Here are a few behind the scenes pics of my shoot for Prevention. The spread is in March's issue so look for it in February!

It doesn't look hard, but staying down for a while made my butt burn...nice view though!
Styled in Elisabetta Rogiani
Checking out some shots while my hair is getting done

 Beautiful view from the top of the hills in Beverly Hills



 Candid: striking a pose in this pic are Cindy and Barbara. Stylist and manicurist extraordinaire!


 I love hair and makeup...its so fun when someone else does it for you!





The catering was amazing and healthy. Roasted root vegetables, grilled asparagus, and grilled salmon was my fix but there were so many options...this could get dangerous



 Racks and racks of designer active wear...Lucy, Lululemon, and Elisabetta Rogiani.  Love all of it!

Love them...sorry you got cut of Barbara! My nails never look better than when Barb does them. Barbara Warner is a manicure scientist

No comments:

Post a Comment