Friday, July 13, 2012

Chic and Functional: London Wardrobe

I am getting so pumped on my trip to London. I leave in less than 2 weeks and of course have begun putting together outfits that fit my traveling criteria for looking and feeling great. It is the Olympics after all so I am very partial to reds, whites, and blues, but I am even more partial to feeling chic and comfortable at the same time. I am fully aware how ridiculous it is to be this excited about my potential wardrobe for the three weeks I am abroad, but HELLO, its London!

Since we will be walking a few miles a day to the different events and all around town, I want to feel as cool and relaxed as possible since it will be a bit warm and muggy at times. I am partial to white and airy pieces like dresses since they are great for walking and being on the go paired with strappy sandals or flats. Chic, comfy, and clean.

Of course I am excited to see the games as well, especially since the U.S. has a great chance to not only medal but bring home the Gold. Not many people understand the game so I am hoping to commentate or be a correspondent of some sort since I will already be there and I know the game so well. I am in talks with a few organizations but will blog all my experiences as well as any opportunities for after parties, interviews, and access to some awesome events.

Games will be amazing, but lets face it, I cant wait for the adventure of being in the midst of a new culture from food to fashion and everything in between. Im already planning my wardrobe and refuse to look like a regular ole' tourist. Anyone can make traveling chic, pulled together, and comfortable! I cannot wait to get my wardrobe finalized, book our reservations for some amazing eateries (thank you Gwyneth!), and make this three weeks fun filled and packed with new opportunities and networking. After all, the whole world converges every Olympics and the more put together and chic you look, the better you feel. And the better you feel, the more confident and outgoing you are. And when you are confident and outgoing, you make friends. And when you make friends, you network and get opportunities. And when you get opportunities, you can use them to do good things. And when you use them to do good things, you have influence to change the world ...SOOO dress well people!

Take a look at some new clothes I am looking to purchase for the trip, or take inspiration from with my own pieces.



Love the Bohemian print and fit.  Functional and chic
I want this for an after party!

Beautiful. Farmers Market on a Sunday Morning?
The cutouts make this Free people dress special and casual all at once
My mom bought this. I will be be borrowing it! 
Love this. 
How sweet is this blouse? Tucked into some palazzo pants or tailored black or navy ankle pants? Yes please.
I have these by Lotta Stensson in Navy Blue and Black (the ones here are  Anthropologie) They are ridiculously flattering and can go casual and dressed up. I highly suggest investing in a pair.
Im a sucker for prints. This dress is so bright and happy!

Love the sweetness of this dress. The muted colors are great with a tan
Always looking for a great chambray



















okay...Polka dots are normally not my thing. But these pants! They are too fun.
Clean and crisp

One Word: Fringe

You can never have too many pairs of boots



All of these items can be found on Anthropologie and Free People. Enjoy the weekend and check back in by next Thursday for an update on my latest jobs for behind the scenes pics! OH!... and Wish me luck on my commercial callback tomorrow! I'll keep ya posted (:





No comments:

Post a Comment