Monday, July 23, 2012

Lotta Stensson: Spring 2013 RESORT

Lotta Stensson garments are not news to this blog. I adore her gorgeous designs and handmade textiles and appreciate her expertise on the bohemian resort wear style that she seems to master effortlessly. Her designs also represent a majority of how I would classify my style. Bohemian meets high fashion. I can appreciate both and depending on my financial state at the time, I try to dip in one or the other, ideally both at the same time...I have yet to purchase Isabel Marant but thats the look I am crazy about. Its called $$ people and I cant justify that kind of purchase quite yet. Some favorites might be Zimmerman, Stella McCartney, Isabel Marant, Chloe, All Saints...you get the idea. I like it all.

Luckily, when I shoot for Lotta I get gobs of amazingly chic and effortless pieces that keep me stocked for every season. I just recently finished up a shopping spree at her store on West 3rd right next to the posh spot "Son of a Gun" for great small seafood dishes with a twist. I took home some of the outfits you will see below from our photo shoot. 

Mackenzie Rouse was the photographer for this stylistic shoot. I have to say I was quite proud of the end result because it was a labor or love where we basically produced the shoot from location, to hair and makeup, to atmosphere, and beyond...I have a new business plan if this whole modeling shmodeling thing doesn't pan out. Check out the pics... AND if you need a talented photographer with an insane eye and really awesome company, check out Mackenzie Rouse at Mackenzie Rouse Photography.

I love the billowing sleeve on this tunic.



 Are the colors and textiles of this cap sleeve dress amazing or what?! So comfortable too.






 I love this animal print robe. Its sheer and perfect for over a swim suit or tight black dress.


We had fun with this one. I actually have this silk scarf in blue and this color here, but we thought,"why not show another way it can be worn?"- This look is not meant for everyone, including me in everyday life(:

I love the feel of this airy poncho...and the colors of this entrance to the most gorgeous apartment building I have ever seen.














 WEEEEEEE! hahaha I really like the print on this dress. Classic colors and very chic.




Mackenzie really has a great eye for colors and lighting. I loved the end results of this shoot and cannot wait to work with her again. And its always a pleasure shooting for Lotta. Until next time!

P.S. Don't forget to check in during the next three weeks while I am in London blogging about the style, food, and games as well as sharing my content and stories with JNSQ digital magazine. The July issue featured me on the cover as well as within in a retro road trip spread. More of that to come! Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment