Monday, October 13, 2014

Subtle Plaid

For those of us 27 year olds that don't want to reinvent wardrobe choices from "My So Called Life" with the fabulous but sometimes sloppy looking plaid trend, more subtle options are available and still just as stylish. I am a fan of basically any way to wear plaid: the super 90's flannel around the waist style (it really helps to camouflage some areas with the added benefit of being a great accessory thats in style!), or worn on bottoms to add a "No Doubt" flare to your outfit. I love how you can mix and match plaids in one outfit with other prints and it still looks cool and put together.  If you prefer to be more understated, wear it like I did here in a calm muted print with a pretty tunic front tucked. If you want to me more "loud", find inspiration below from some of the latest runway looks featuring this current favorite.


I love Candice's off duty style. Its easy and effortless but still looks cool. I am particularly fond of those boots!
If you are going to wear short shorts, boots with a bit of an opening are best to flatter the shape of your legs.
I love how the blouse is simple enough to not steal too much attention from the pants, but
 also has that fun ethnic feel to bring in a different style and not feel too much like a "theme".
I don't want to look like I am trying to dress like anyone or copy runway looks, but instead
 incorporate my own personal style with trends I am fond of and want to try.

This look is perfect for just about anything. Drinks with friends, date night out, meetings, etc.
These woven cut out booties are oldies but goodies by Elizabeth and James and have been worn
to death but still look amazing on. Invest in pieces you LOVE because quality is much more
important than quantity. If you don't love it, don't buy it. Save your shekels for things you love.



Im a big fan of the first four outfits and the last in this compilation.... the fifth is not really wearable in my opinion.
I love the layering of these different sized and colored plaid patterns from this Dries Van Noten show last year!
Still in style and still on point.

Loving this compilation! I could see some of my uber trendy and fabulous model friends wearing
this middle look, while I would definitely be more apt to go with the first look. I love the fun print
on such a classy and flattering fit dress. Its beautiful and stylish. Whats your favorite way to wear plaid?

No comments:

Post a Comment