Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Twin Birthday

First things first, Happy birthday Karen! For those of you who don't know, my twins sisters name is Karen. Soooo, If I am wishing her happy birthday than...yup its my birthday too! Don't feel bad if you didn't say happy birthday to me and remembered to tell Karen, it happens more than you think.

I am 24 today and I have to say, I do feel older. 24 sounds much older than 23 in my mind, and perhaps that makes me wiser too? If I have to ask, probably not but I like to think so. Getting to the good stuff, my day was filled with the best activities of nothingness a girl could ask for. Heres the timeline:
1. Breakfast in bed from my fam and gifts to go with! Yeeoowwwww!
2. Coffee with my best friend Brittany at Terrenea, an amazing oceanside resort on the cliffs in Palos Verdes. We talked and talked and talked....my favorite activity of allllll time
3. Pre lunch Poke with the twin and Britt and Mickie Finnz (so random), then off to meet the man with Britt and Karen at Turquoise Natural Grill for some lunch. Soooo goooood!
4. Abbracci ...we dont need to talk about this in detail...for those that know me pain is fun sometimes, no?...for those that don't...get to know me if you want to find out.
5. Dinner at Shamshiri Persian Restaurant on Westwood Blvd. for dinner with the family!
Wanna see some pics?


 Crepes with strawberries, whipped cream, and syrup. This was Karens Breakfast as I am a bit more of a health nut than she is. I had a fresh squeezed Kale, Celery, Cucumber, Beet, pineapple, and apple juice. Not quite as pretty looking as the tray of crepes and coffee, but it was so good! Don't knock it till you try it, even though it looks like baby poo most the time...trust me...or just keep eating your pretty crepes.

Karen and I opening gifts-
I got Karen a silk tunic by Lotta Stensson and cool "Bow" cuff by Moss Mills..She loved it!!!
She got me this sweet multi colored fitted poncho sweater with fringe at the bottom my Billabong from Beehive in Manhattan. Got to hand it to Billabong, they have some awesome buys!

 Britt and I. Post Poke. Pre lunch...Love her
Little Chayster always has sunscreen from Polo practice on his cheeks. So cute!
 
Twin Sandwich!


On the 405 to dinner with mom, Jen Brown, and myself in the back of dads VW Vangagon.


Chay and I at Shamshiri

Mom, Jennifer (aka my favorite person in the world), and me!  


 Kelli, Twin, and I











Candid: Twin and Kurt

 How amazing do these Kabobs and flame grilled vegetables look?
I got the chicken kabob with tabouleh and grilled skewered vegetables. I had to have people help me with it but it was so delicious. Jen also got the salmon and we all picked off each others plates. I love family style now because you leave with a good grasp of many things on the menu.
 Karen is verrry excited. Their rice is always unique and tasty with different combinations of raisins, cherries, and dates. It is all amazing. Strongly suggest Shamshiri!!
Such an amazing day spent with my favorite people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment